Episode 7 — Breach Week Special!
Perfectionism is the enemy of publishing on time. It’s another week and we’ve got a solid hour of discussion about the stuff that’s important in the world of infosec this week.
DISCLAIMER: It’s not that explicit, but you may want to use headphones if you’re at work.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: In case it is unclear, this is the story of 4 opinionated infosec pros who have sufficient opinions of their own they don’t need to speak for anyone except themselves. Ok? Good.
In this episode:
- Instagram patches a hole – kinda gets their response wrong
- Anonymous gets Syrian – 2.4 Million emails leaked
- ENISA (EU) tells the banks to assume PCs not secure – via Krebs
- iOS hacker figures out to get free stuff on the app store (at least through in App purchases)
- Plesk 0day for sale
- Obama gets emergency powers over the internet
- The chinese own the telcos
- Yahoo – 453K passwords
- formspring – 1 million passwords
- Phandroid forums – 1 million passwords
- Billabong – 35000 accounts
- Nvidia forums compromised – Nvidia also shut down its online store
- CERT at the national level
- Why Canada .gov sucks
- CanCERT is not a CERT (get in touch with sales@ for details on pricing)
- Also, CCIRC is not a CERT (unless you’re in critical infrastructure)
- CERT vs RISS
- Brian Honan Schools You – Source Barcelona 2010
- How to do it right inside your company and outside
- CIRT/CERT – industry, national, internal
- practice, practice, practice
- How to share
So this is the summer of breaches, the hits keep on rolling, my running total of stolen passwords is now at over 10 million accounts. I’ve got a small website (redacted) and I don’t know if I’m doing security right. Help a lady out will ya? Also, will this ever end?
Mary K, NZ
- Bsides/BlackHat/DEF CON — all but Ben / The Intern shall be there.
- There are parties in Vegas
- DEF CON is still cancelled – check status here
- Hacker Pyramid!
- BsidesLV schedule is up
- Spiderlabs wants you to survive
- don’t be a sexist jerk at BH/DC
- Tonight, the part of Seacrest will be played by ‘elephant shoes’.
Creative Commons license: BY-NC-SA