Episode 0x13 — the 20th episode for those of you that don’t have 16 fingers
The Pirate Bay is in the clouds, but we got here first, so suck it!!!
- Lots of News
- and then our discussion topic – Responsible Disclosure
And if you’ve got commentary, please sent it to [email protected] for us to check out.
DISCLAIMER: It’s not that explicit, but you may want to use headphones if you’re at work.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: In case it is unclear, this is the story of 4 opinionated infosec pros who have sufficient opinions of their own they don’t need to speak for anyone except themselves. Ok? Good.
In this episode:
- HP asks researchers not to publish vuln data
- Symantec research on 0days (that’s pronounced oh-dayz)
- Privacy on work computers (court decision)
Globe and Mail on employee computer privacy
- Four horsemen’ posse: This here security town needs a new sheriff
- URL shortener used for spamming from the .gov
- Pacemaker hack can deliver deadly 830-volt jolt
- Twitter blocks Nazi account in landmark move
- It’s kaspersky!!!! The SECOND Cyberdouchery of Kasperskian Proportions
I don’t even have words any more.
- Foot In The Door-Time to get Responsible
- what is responsible disclosure?
- how do you disclose?
- ISO Standard (No link available for normal people)
Hi Security Nerds!!
Does Canada need to spend more on cyber security??
Ontario’s cyber douche warrior
- Matt’s Movie Review
- We do research too – Ben’s running a survey and will publish results. Check it out!
- The Security Conference Library
— is a copy of the conferences amassed by @helpmerob and we’re adding more. If you’ve got pix/pdfs/slides/code/video of a security conference and you want to add to an attempt at the largest/bestest/least dickish security conference library — send us a note (mailbag) and we’ll take your bits and file them. (NOTE: much is stored at http://myrcurial.com/conferences but you can totally trust that guy)
- If you’re interested in helping out with openCERT.ca, drop a line to [email protected]
- Contribute to the
Strategic Defense Execution Standard (#SDES)
and you’ll be Doing Infosec Right in no time.
- Upcoming Appearances: James at COUNTERMEASURE 2012 in Ottawa, Matt at AppSecUSA in TEXAS, Ben and Dave at HackFest in Quebec City, James at SecurityZone in Cali, Colombia
- BSidesDave – held immediately after Hackfest, Dave will not be sleeping before his flight home, so keep him company
- Signing up for a SANS course? Be sure to use the code “Liquidmatrix_150″ and save $150 off the course fee!
- Seacrest Says:I have binders full of security!!
Download the MP3
Creative Commons license: BY-NC-SA