Episode 0x18– How Do You Spell Aguardiente?
Beginning the end of 2012 – Because it’s time to start making up lists of resolutions that we’re not going to follow.
Dave developed a new giggity move, it’s called “the kasperskian” – y’all should consider it a way to buy votes that this is an audio only podcast.
- Lots of News
- and then our discussion topic–
And if you’ve got commentary, please sent it to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to check out.
DISCLAIMER: It’s not that explicit, but you may want to use headphones if you’re at work.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: In case it is unclear, this is the story of 4 opinionated infosec pros who have sufficient opinions of their own they don’t need to speak for anyone except themselves. Ok? Good.
In this episode:
- Why you should never hack without consent
ErrataRob sez YOU ARE COMMITTING A CRIME RIGHT NOW
- Porn is safe YAY!
- “ROM-port-hard functions” by Solar Designer
- South Carolina gov releases post breach report
- routed anonymity networks aren’t judge proof
- iOS Dictionary App Maker Enfour Attempts to Shame Pirates… and fails.
- Finnish Police Seize 9-Year Old’s Winnie The Pooh Laptop For Using The Pirate Bay
- New Facebook policy conflicts with European law, concerns privacy advocates
- Hacker arrested for allegedly stealing ID info of most of Greece
- 300 pakistani web sites get their domain names redirected (Hi Google and Microsoft)
- RAF forced to reset passwords following Prince William’s photo-op-turned-security-breach
- 1000 students at Scripps college get there info stolen (the old fashioned way) because they don’t have good DR/BCP
- Hacker claims he p0wns Northside Independent School District website
- Computer breach hits 12,500 SC insurance policies
- Exploit broker releases EXPLICIT VIDS of holes in industrial control kit
- Cyber-threat is real, former CSIS spy warns
- Confidential Police Docs Found in Macy’s Parade Confetti Spark Investigation
- SONICWall thinks Tumblr and XKCD are porn
- Hi Comrades
why do you make fun of Kaspersky’s secure SCADA software
Boris the squirrel
- “Realistically, he’s been ass-raping you for years, and apparently he’s not sufficiently endowed for you to have noticed”
- Little Brother
- Movie Review Ben saw half of “This means war” then decided to read a paper on infosec instead
- We do research too – Ben’s running a survey and will publish results. Check it out!
- The Security Conference Library
- If you’re interested in helping out with openCERT.ca, drop a line to info@openCERT.ca
- Security Blogger Awards 2013…ah hem (not like we’re pandering for votes or anything, we only do that for ISC2 board seats)
- everyday is CTF! go set up a team
- Contribute to the Strategic Defense Execution Standard (#SDES) and you’ll be Doing Infosec Right in no time.
- Upcoming Appearances: James at SecurityZone in Cali, Colombia
- Signing up for a SANS course? Be sure to use the code “Liquidmatrix_150” and save $150 off the course fee!
- Seacrest Says: “mmmm… turkey left overs for the next two weeks”
Download the MP3
Creative Commons license: BY-NC-SA