Episode 0x21 — In which we prepare for RSA
Are you ready for RSA? Packed 500 business cards and a spare liver?
There’s oh so much to talk about. Things we need to talk about, things we really want to not talk about, things you don’t want to hear about.
- Upcoming this week…
- Lots of News
- SCADA / Cyber, cyber… etc.
- finishing it off with DERPs/Mailbag and
- THE DEEP DIVE
- Our new weekly Briefs – no arguing or discussion allowed
And if you’ve got commentary, please sent it to email@example.com for us to check out.
DISCLAIMER: It’s not that explicit, but you may want to use headphones if you’re at work.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: In case it is unclear, this is the story of 5 opinionated infosec pros who have sufficient opinions of their own they don’t need to speak for anyone except themselves. Ok? Good.
In this episode:
- News and Commentary
- Facebook unlikes being hacked
(The Atlantic Wire)
(watering hole located)
- Dutch MP fined for hacking medical system
- NASA makes an oopsy with its software update
- Kaspersky says “Trust us, we’re good with software”
- McAfee responds to criticism of AV industry with OpsFail
- Telecom NZ cancels 60k Yahoo Xtra passwords amid attack
- Exclusive: The Burger King and Jeep Hacker Is Probably This DJ From New England
- Obama says share!!!
- Electricity Market 101 – SCADA isn’t just about the electricity
- Turns out all that airgapping was just theoretical
- Cyber Medals for Cyber Warriors
I just wondered if the Liquid Matrix team would be interested in commenting on the subject of Digital Forensics with Infrastruture-as-a-Service Cloud environments?
Answer from the team:
- Ben Loses His Mind. Also, would you like a cheap certificate?
- Securosis RSA Guide – 2013 Edition
- HDCP is dead, really
- Punk Spider – a searchable reference for web app vulns
- Magazine article on Chinese online takedown services gets taken down
- RoboSurgeon (warning – super gross – avoid)
- The Security Conference Library
- Contribute to the Strategic Defense Execution Standard (#SDES) and you’ll be Doing Infosec Right in no time.
- If you’re interested in helping out with openCERT.ca, drop a line to info@openCERT.ca
- Upcoming Appearances: Ben, Matt James and Dave attending RSA. James and Dave speaking at RSA-e10+. James speaking at Thotcon, BSidesChicago, BSidesRochester and secret coolness for Hacker Summer Camp in Vegas. Dave will be at Secure Dusseldorf, Infosecurity Europe, Black Hat, DEF CON, Secure Asia
- Come find us at RSA!
- Movie Review: Live Free or Die Hard (and you thought it was just a cyberwarfare training video)
- everyday is CTF! go set up a team
- Signing up for a SANS course? Be sure to use the code “Liquidmatrix_150″ and save $150 off the course fee!
- Seacrest Says: Am I the only one that crapped my pants when I heard a meteor hit russia?
Download the MP3
Creative Commons license: BY-NC-SA