For today’s Security Briefing we have a post on the opt-in conversation that seems to have been imported to Canada. This is a slippery slope if governments start to head down this path.
Reminder: for those of you heading off to security summer camp, don’t forget to sign up for parties while you’re there. Here is the post with the list of parties that we’re tracking.
And now, the security briefing news…
Click here to subscribe to Liquidmatrix Security Digest!.
And now, the news…
- Screaming Machines And Situational Awareness | CSO Online
- Akamai State of the Internet Report: DDoS Trends | Akamai Blogs
- Opt-in system for online porn has been discussed in Canada: industry group | National Post
- White House opposes amendment to curb NSA spying | Computerworld
- Police number plate camera scheme broke law in Royston | BBC
- Germany lobbies for UN online privacy charter | Pilot Online
- Data breach law essential to protect individuals | The Age AU
- Increase in malicious DNS request traffic | Help Net Security
- Report: Android spyware infections on the rise | InfoWorld