My Heart Bleeds for Windows XP
Well this is certainly an exciting week around these here parts. I reckon we’ve not seen this much marketeering since the APT1 days of ought 13. Goodness gracious I’m not a huge fan of this crap.
Do not listen to this podcast at more than 1.5x speed while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Your face may melt according to some studies conducted by a Murican we know.
Upcoming this week…
- Lots of News
- SCADA / Cyber, cyber… etc.
- finishing it off with DERPs/Mailbag (or Deep Dive)
- And there are weekly Briefs – no arguing or discussion allowed
And if you’ve got commentary, please sent it to [email protected] for us to check out.
DISCLAIMER: It’s not that explicit, but you may want to use headphones if you’re at work.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: In case it is unclear, this is the story of 5 opinionated infosec pros who have sufficient opinions of their own they don’t need to speak for anyone except themselves. Ok? Good.
In this episode:
- News and Commentary
- Classified NSA Work Mucked Up Security For Early TCP/IP
- EU court acts like a government of the people
- Trey Ford talks sense around XP EOL/EOSupport
- Heart Bleed!!!
and some demo
and a PoC!!!!
With an awesome quote by Mr. Fancy Pants
And donate some money to the cause you lazy bitches
Also, update your Tor nodes and relays…
and while you’re updating your OpenSSL
- Bad CRA
- How I hacked your router
- US Pushes Canada to Weaken Privacy Legislation
- The Brits love them some XP good
- bank drops out of Trustwave lawsuit
Are we now cool with Cyber?
- The Security Conference Library
- Contribute to the Strategic Defense Execution Standard (#SDES) and you’ll be Doing Infosec Right in no time.
- If you’re interested in helping out with openCERT.ca, drop a line to [email protected]
- Dave: - Star Alliance Hostage
- James: - Wait what?
- Ben: - Suit.
- Matt: - Beard.
- Wil: - Actor. and cleaning up his laundry
- Other LSD Writers: - Blogging? (WTF IS BLOGGING????)
- Signing up for a SANS course? Be sure to use the code “Liquidmatrix_150″ and save $150 off the course fee! Or do the math and figure out if 5% off a course would be a better deal with “Liquidmatrix_5″
- Seacrest Says: Aviator is already configured to check for revoked certificates. Nyahhhhhhhh.
Download the MP3
Creative Commons license: BY-NC-SA