Still difficult to get everyone together for a recording but damn, we’re trying. Keep sending in your questions to email@example.com and if you see one of us at a conference, ask nicely and we’ll give you a sticker!
PS: The Security Intern joins us tonight – sorry you all can’t see her commentary on the rest of the Liquidmatrix crew.
Upcoming this week…
- Lots of News
- SCADA / Cyber, cyber… etc.
- finishing it off with DERPs/Mailbag (or Deep Dive)
- And there are weekly Briefs – no arguing or discussion allowed
And if you’ve got commentary, please sent it to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to check out.
DISCLAIMER: It’s not that explicit, but you may want to use headphones if you’re at work.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: In case it is unclear, this is the story of 5 opinionated infosec pros who have sufficient opinions of their own they don’t need to speak for anyone except themselves. Ok? Good.
In this episode:
- News and Commentary
- Badlock Bug Site
Get out your Sad Trombones everyone.
Steve Ragan Fulfils Curmudgeon Role – Badlock Hype
Tero Hänninen calls bullshit in a simple way
Network World notes that Microsoft doesn’t think it’s Logo-worthy
- Eset et al. Take down Mumblehard Linux/BSD botnet
- Breaking Google Captcha
- Investigating the Potential for Miscommunication Using Emoji
- California lawmakers take step toward outlawing ‘ransomware’
- Security Flaws found in 3 state health insurance websites (THANKS OBAMA)
- Petya Ransomware Encryption Defeated
- Lockheed Martin – Integrated Infrastructure: Cyber Resiliency in Society
- OMGee – Canada is vulnerable, eh?
- FBI Claims that businesses have lost $2.3 Billion to Email Scams from October 2013 to February 2016
- Maynor Fixes All The Maps – MaxMind and Default Locations in GeoIP
- Misconfigure your way to Panama Success
- Compliance is the Naturopathy of Information Security – DISCUSS.
- Random MAC addresses not enough…
- Integrating Bro IDS with the Elastic Stack
- Dealing with Digital Death
- Automating thought leadership
- Scan Onion Services for Security Issues
- Submit to the SecTor CFP!Early acceptance deadline is Sunday April 17 – final deadline is August 14th
- Dave: – NAB Show, Interop, RMISC, HackMiami, NolaCon
- James: – Desperately working on new material for Blackhat Cloud Security Training
- Ben: – Vogon poetry reading
- Wil: – Remedial HTML for beginners (Cue Jamie’s rant here)
- Other LSD Writers: – Really?
- Thinking about SecTor this October? Be sure to use the code “liquidmatrix2016” and save 10% off the registration fee! Or if you’ve just got time to cruise the SecTor Expo Hall, the code “liquidmatrix2016expo” will get you in for $0
- We’ll be discussing the idea of making cyber a regulated profession. Send us your thoughts. Also, California, what’s up with that?
- Seacrest Says: Cause, baby, now we got badlock
Download the MP3
Creative Commons license: BY-NC-SA