All about the VZ-DBIR
Ok. Not completely weekly. And sorry Mom that we missed last week. We’ll get it together.
Upcoming this week…
- Lots of News
- SCADA / Cyber, cyber… etc.
- finishing it off with DERPs/Mailbag (or Deep Dive)
- And there are weekly Briefs – no arguing or discussion allowed
And if you’ve got commentary, please sent it to email@example.com for us to check out.
DISCLAIMER: It’s not that explicit, but you may want to use headphones if you’re at work.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: In case it is unclear, this is the story of 5 opinionated infosec pros who have sufficient opinions of their own they don’t need to speak for anyone except themselves. Ok? Good.
In this episode:
- News and Commentary
- Verizon’s 2016 Data Breach Investigations Report
- How Hacking Team got hacked
(with a detailed writeup from Phisher himself)
- U.K. official confirms surveillance bill would let cops force companies to decrypt data
- Katie Seeks Advice… I mean… #insidejoke Download ISO/IEC 29147 Vulnerability Disclosure
- How iMessage distributes security to block “phantom devices”
- Philipines got hacked… yes, a whole country
… by a 23 year old student
- … and Mexico
- A Bangladeshi bank got popped for (almost) a billion
- UBER META DATA US or something like that (Uber says gave U.S. agencies data on more than 12 million users)
- US Special Forces Are ‘Dropping Cyberbombs’ on ISIS
- Four hundred MILLION vulnerable Androids are out there
- Microsoft sues US government over ‘unconstitutional’ cloud data searches
- The FBI paid more than $1 million to crack the San Bernardino iPhone
- Jeff Moss talks about grooming presidents
- Making security a big “P” Profession
- Sadlock Bug
- Listen to Paul @dcept905 when he says interesting things on Twitter
- DevOps Days Austin
- Setting up a home malware lab
- Spy Chief Complains That Edward Snowden Sped Up Spread of Encryption by 7 Years
- Dave: – Interop, RMISC, HackMiami, NolaCon, SecurityFest, InfosecurityEU, CircleCityCon
- James: – Not much until Vegas… As far as I know.
- Ben: – A Cyber Insurance conference. Listening. yes… really
- Matt: – DevOps Days Austin, DFIR Summit, Vegas
- Wil: – CBC Calgary
- Other LSD Writers: – Shrug, Dunno.
- Thinking about SecTor this October? Be sure to use the code “liquidmatrix2016” and save 10% off the registration fee! Or if you’ve just got time to cruise the SecTor Expo Hall, the code “liquidmatrix2016expo” will get you in for $0
- Seacrest Says: Hey Ergodan – watch this you despotic little arsehole this
Download the MP3
Creative Commons license: BY-NC-SA